What is The Outdoor Learning & Library Project?
The FOHH aims to transform Harwood Hill Primary School's grounds, so children can enjoy vital outdoor learning. This includes a new library block with outdoor reading areas.
Currently, the school's outdoor areas are underused. While inside, teaching areas are cramped. There's no space to store or access books (the current "library" is a corridor).
The Outdoor Learning & Library Project will provide:
• a new library block created from a refurbished shipping container, with outside reading areas. This needs the most funding of all our plans, as we mostly intend to find and make other resources.
• an outdoor classroom (tree stump seating within a circle of trees)
• a sensory trail in the wooded area
• a redeveloped pond area for pond dipping
• a gardening area
• activities for independent play
• an eating/social area, with shade, benches and a tree stump circle.
Why do we feel this is so important?
Outdoor learning is proven to boost children’s welfare, their performance at school, their wellbeing and behaviour. But most children spend less time outdoors than prison inmates. Our plans will create vital opportunities for learning. And will benefit local families for many years to come.
We're raising money to transform the school's outdoor space over the next two years, and to create a brand new library. We will also fund various experiences and resources to benefit all the children this academic year. Thanks for your support!
There are currently no tasks to volunteer for
Friends of Harwood Hill exists to bring us all together as a community and raise vital funds for the school. We organise fun events for children and parents, and work with the Head and teaching staff to decide where the money raised will be best spent. Our objective is to give all our children a richer experience during their time at Harwood Hill, as well as leaving a legacy for those who will follow.
E-Tickets will be dispatched to the email address you registered with along with your order confirmation. Please ensure you have the facility to print off your tickets or have them accessible on a mobile device so they can be scanned on entry to the event.