What is The Outdoor Learning & Library Project?
The FOHH aims to transform Harwood Hill Primary School's grounds, so children can enjoy vital outdoor learning. This includes a new library block with outdoor reading areas.
Currently, the school's outdoor areas are underused. While inside, teaching areas are cramped. There's no space to store or access books (the current "library" is a corridor).
The Outdoor Learning & Library Project will provide:
• a new library block created from a refurbished shipping container, with outside reading areas. This needs the most funding of all our plans, as we mostly intend to find and make other resources.
• an outdoor classroom (tree stump seating within a circle of trees)
• a sensory trail in the wooded area
• a redeveloped pond area for pond dipping
• a gardening area
• activities for independent play
• an eating/social area, with shade, benches and a tree stump circle.
Why do we feel this is so important?
Outdoor learning is proven to boost children’s welfare, their performance at school, their wellbeing and behaviour. But most children spend less time outdoors than prison inmates. Our plans will create vital opportunities for learning. And will benefit local families for many years to come.
We're raising money to transform the school's outdoor space over the next two years, and to create a brand new library. We will also fund various experiences and resources to benefit all the children this academic year. Thanks for your support!
There are currently no tasks to volunteer for
Friends of Harwood Hill exists to bring us all together as a community and raise vital funds for the school. We organise fun events for children and parents, and work with the Head and teaching staff to decide where the money raised will be best spent. Our objective is to give all our children a richer experience during their time at Harwood Hill, as well as leaving a legacy for those who will follow.
E-Tickets will be dispatched to the email address you registered with along with your order confirmation. Please ensure you have the facility to print off your tickets or have them accessible on a mobile device so they can be scanned on entry to the event.
Available Advertising Opportunities
1) Prime advertising. Your banner ad or mobile ad (depending on device) running on the top and bottom of each page accessed from the Friends of Harwood Hill website
Your advert on the top of all emails that get sent out:
Your logo on all tickets created by their website:
£20 per month or we have a very special offer for May only. Pay annually and get 50% discount (£120) payable by Direct Debit / BACS of which 15% after transaction fees is given straight back to Friends of Harwood Hill.
2) Secondary advertising. Your logo displayed on all pages. These will be randomly chosen and the logos will change very 5 seconds. An example is below:
A dedicated advertisers page shows all businesses in random order with more information:
£7 per month or we have a very special offer for May only. Pay annually and get 50% discount (£42) payable by Direct Debit / BACS of which 15% after transaction fees is given straight back to Friends of Harwood Hill.
If you are interested in advertising on the Friends of Harwood Hill website email and we’ll get you started plus our team can also create the adverts for you.